Doula Education Series
My name is Care Messer and I own the Birth Education Center. After focusing all of our attention on parents during the pandemic – we are FINALLY coming back to doing the other thing we LOVE more than anything – Doula Education! We just finished another series and getting our doula training up and running has been amazing this time. We have revamped it and added 4 more weeks of education! Mentoring is key when getting a solid foundation for your business and getting a firm knowledge of birth and the body.
We want to invite you to our Doula Education Series beginning Sat Apr 22nd – with our Welcome Circle! The series will end on June 24th with our closing Doula Circle with one more mentoring meeting on the following day, June 25th. Full list of meeting times on IG.
We are so excited to offer you help with Business setup, Self-discovery, and the deeper side and meaning of what you’ll be bringing to the table, Birth Education, Mentorship, and like-minded doulas to support you!
How it helps your families – This series has its main focus on incorporating birth education in helping your families to take ownership of their birth and develop a deep connection with trusting the process.
When you are both on the same page with education – you are a positive force to be reckoned with. Parents have a stronger voice in the birth room and your reminders will cue them to iterate on what is most important to them. Creating a team aspect is essential for the baby’s smooth arrival. Advocacy works best when you and your parents are speaking the same language and when needed, you can encourage and bring together conversations with staff and their care providers. While you will not make decisions for these families, you can feel confident and be an amazing bridge for these educated conversations to happen.
How it will help you:
- We will work with what baggage you may unknowingly be bringing into birth work and present ideas on how to manage it.
- We will give you role-play practice for parent interactions to improve your confidence.
- We will help you set up a successful business model with good boundaries so you can attract the families you will work best with.
- We will help you define what routines you need to get in place to create community, have solid backups, and how to prepare for the unexpected.
- We will help you create a social media presence that is manageable and feels the most authentic for you. We take the overwhelm out of it and have a Masterclass and mentoring meetings to get this accomplished!
Our goals are to help you avoid doula burnout and simply create a balanced business that works for you and your family. As an entrepreneur, your foundation needs to be strong and confident. Continuing education and support is the key!
Included in this series:
- Doula Business Meditations and Affirmations – recordings to assist your business abundance mindset
- (2) Doula Circles – Opening and Closing
- (2) Masterclasses – Connecting with Families through Social Media and others according to what the group chooses as a collective.
- Role Play Practice Exercises to help you gain more confidence in having hard conversations, keeping a neutral face, and saying no when it’s not the right fit.
- Mentoring meetings to work on Contracts, Social Media setup, website copy, and anything else that you are needing to set your business foundation.
- The full Hypnobirthing Series – taught as we teach to parents with added doula information to help reinforce the education during prenatals.
- Online courses that come with the Hypnobirthing Series – including Induction 101 and Newborn Procedures(2-month access)
- Access to Additional Online Courses – Pregnancy and Postpartum Mental Health, Epidurals Explained as well as the free ones already available on our website(2-month access).
Also covered: Spiritual aspect of Money and Self Care, Business setup, Contracts, Interviews, Prenatals, Worksheets to guide your interactions so nothing gets missed, Postpartum Visits(etc! This in no way covers the details- there is so much more!)
We will have Q & A along the way and if you miss a class due to a birth, it will be available for two days following the class so you can stay up to date.
During 2023 we also have some great continuing ed workshops coming up! The next one is on April 15th – Pregnancy & Birth Medical Language and Procedures!
Full transparency for money exchanged –
Courses Offered: We are recording the intake calls, full course and any additional meetings for our social media and future sales- your agreement with the BEC is to release your image, voice, likeness, etc. within this course for use in our future and current content creation. You will be sent a release to sign.
A benefit is that you will also have use of any content we create with your likeness/sound/image for your website and social media platforms. In the future, this course will be/may be presented in an on-demand, online format.
Please feel free to ask questions regarding course details, fees, etc. Money conversations are simple and you will get to practice them in the course!
$1100 tuition – $100 non-refundable retainer/deposit to hold your spot with the remaining $1000 balance due by the start of the series for bonus gifts or by March 12th, 2023 if doing the extended payment plan.
IF PAID IN FULL by Mar 2oth – – bonus gifts are:
- 1 Hr Business Crafting Consult with Care
- Conversations With My Baby Connection Journal to gift to a client(or keep)
- Releasing Your Power Center Meditations 3 pk for your phone to use at births
Full payment is due no later than mid-series if on an extended payment plan – May 21st, 2023
We are keeping this Education Series to a limited number of Doulas so spots are expected to go quickly.
**For those looking for payment options: Paypal offers a 6-month, no-interest plan as well as a payment plan in four debits. We can also offer the extended payments with the end date as mid-series (5/21/23)
(5) Half Price Scholarships offered for Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Color – $100 non-refundable retainer/deposit to hold your spot. All bonus gifts apply if paid in full($550 by March 12th for or $550 paid in full by the start of the series on Apr. 22nd 2023)
To sign up and save your spot:
- Fill out and return the application below
- You will then get a calendar link to schedule your intake call with Care(15 to 30 min)
- If we are a good fit for each other, we will then send you a media release form and payment link to either pay in full or sign up for payments
- Then you will get an email with the full itinerary & the links to the online portion for homework to begin now with the education portion
- We will mail your workbooks and/or full-payment gifts to your homes before the beginning of classes.
We are so excited to get back to community building with you!
Know that everyone is always having sex! There are enough babies to go around! Competition does not belong in birthwork and you will find like-minded doulas to support you. We respect and support all pronouns, cultures, and families. Birthwork is about this baby coming in and us supporting their family.
Can’t wait to meet you all!
Hugs, Care and the BEC Team
Questions? Feel free to Contact Us.
**PLEASE NOTE: This training is for AFTER you have taken a formal doula training